This document provides a high level overview of the C2k Network and should be reviewed by any third party prior to the submission of their product for assessment.
Key points to note are:
- The Request for Assessment Service is not applicable for any third party product intended for the Legacy Network in an individual school
- All access to the Internet from schools using the C2k Wired or Wireless Networks is routed through infrastructure hosted centrally within the Data Centre – no direct access from the C2k Network to the Internet from an individual school is possible.
- Consideration must be given to the WAN bandwidth available at an individual school if the third party product is hosted externally.
- All Wireless network traffic (with the exception of a single specific SSID) breaks out on infrastructure hosted centrally within the Data Centre.
- Remote Access is typically granted on a one-to-one basis only i.e. one specific third party user account to one specific school device. However, if Remote Access is required to the same product installed in many schools, a one-to-many access maybe provided. (Click here for further information on Remote Access)